Online Banking FAQ
Want to learn more about Personal Online Banking from Blue Ridge Bank and Trust Co.?
How can I get Internet Banking?
Blue Ridge Bank customers can start Internet Banking by visiting any Financial Services Representative at any branch location. You may also enroll online provided you have the following items to get started: Your Blue Ridge Bank account number; your social security number; and your email address on file with us. If you would rather not provide the information listed, you can still become an online banking user by visiting one of our branches.
After how many invalid logon attempts will I be locked out of Internet Banking?
Three invalid logon attempts will lock you out of Internet Banking. Customers should call a customer service representative at (816) 358-5000 Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m.– 11:00 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday 9:00 a.m.– 5 p.m.
Can I use Internet Banking if I only have a CD, Loan, or Savings Account?
Yes. If you have any Blue Ridge Bank and Trust Co. account - CD, Loan, Savings, or Checking product - you can get Internet Banking for FREE. You must have a checking account to have Bill Payment.
How can I add or delete an account from Internet Banking?
How can I reset my Internet Banking Account (not Bill Payment)?
- The change can be made through any customer service representative.
- You can call a customer service representative at (816) 358-5000 Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. –11:00 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
How do I set up an Online Banking password reset?
First, you must log into Online Banking, then click on the Options tab. Enter a password reset question and a password reset answer. Once completed, click on SUBMIT at the bottom of the screen. This will allow you to reset your password if you should forget it and get locked out.
How can you guarantee the security of my banking information?
First, we use 128-bit encryption, the highest form of encryption currently available, to secure your Internet Banking sessions. Whenever you see the padlock symbol in your browser, you know this security feature is active. Other security tools are in place to ensure the integrity of your data, including firewalls and filtering routers that secure computers from Internet access and a "trusted" operating system, which protects information from both internal and external threats.
For additional security, customers select their own password. Password guessing is deterred by locking the ID out of the system following three unsuccessful logon attempts. These are just a few of the many security tools we use. These layers of security work together to make sure that all information transmitted between you and Blue Ridge Bank is both secure and authentic.
How do I know if my browser has 128-bit encryption?
By clicking on the Test Browser button or our Home Page/Internet Banking sign-on page.
If I have questions about Internet Banking whom should I call?
A customer service representative will be happy to answer your questions. They can be reached at (816) 358-5000 Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. –11:00 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
What do I need to gain access to Internet Banking and how much does it cost?
User ID, password, and Internet access. The Internet access could be from home or work. The browser must have 128-bit encryption. Using Internet access from some company locations may not work because of the security that company has implemented for outside Internet browsing. Internet Banking and Bill Payment are free to all personal customers.
What happens if I lose or forget my ID or Password?
If you lose or forget you ID or password, call a customer service representative at (816) 358-5000 Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday 9 a.m.– 5 p.m. If you have previously set up a password reset question, you may click on Forgot Password and follow the steps to reset your password.
What services are offered through Internet Banking?
- Unlimited number and types of account access
- Transfer funds between all checking and savings accounts (regulatory limitations may apply)
- Make a loan payment by transferring funds from a Blue Ridge Bank checking or savings account
- Transaction history on all deposit and loan accounts
- Check imaging with front and back images on all cancelled checks
- Obtain account information on your Blue Ridge Bank checking, savings, CD, loan and safe deposit accounts
- Stop payment on checks drawn on your checking account at Blue Ride Bank (stop payment charges may apply)
- Download "real time" transactions from any account to industry standard money management software
- Bill payment option - access the designated checking account to pay bills